I have been a property manager for over 20 years and have been dealing with Rite Rug off and on for the last 6-7 years. It's very obvious that they are using illegal immigrants to do their installations.

I've had the same Latino crew leader come to my property using 4 different names over the past 5 years. He disappeared for a year or so and Rite Rug's salesman bragged that he was deported and will be back soon. There are a few other crews that also don't speak very good English and i'm willing to bet at least some of them are also illegal immigrants.

It is apparent that Rite Rug is aware of this and doesn't care. Unfortunately I don't get to choose who i use as a vendor, or i certainly wouldn't continue doing business with a company like Rite Rug.

Comments

Rite Rug uses contractors. The contractors hire illegals. Rite Rug THINKS they are not responsible.

I think so too.

Rite rug does check every individual or business that receives payment from them. However they cannot and do not check whom their sub contractors use . That is the responsibility of the sub when he hires workers for his workroom or business.There are occasional paperwork issues with visas and such , but mostly on the up and up and the Central Americans that install flooring are some of the hardest working guys I know