1.5
Service Scheduling
Style and Design

I had carpet installed in an apartment. It was about 1300 sq ft.

with steps included. The upstairs was installed correctly with no problems. Then the van with the downstairs carpet caught on fire and burned. The other roll of the carpet was destroyed.

This was on a Wednesday. I contacted Rite Rug and they said they could get the same carpet and still get it installed. On Sunday, 3 installers arrived to finish the downstairs. Originally it was 2 installers.

When they were finished, we went in to look and every freshly baseboard was marked and scuffed. There were also some dings in the walls. I realize that there might be a little scuff in the process but not to this magnitude. The upstairs had no issues at all.

I called the company and the salesman sent us to the main office. They wanted pictures. I took pictures and sent them but it was extremely difficult to see the magnitude of the problem. They never sent anyone to look at the problem either.

They determined that it was normal and was stated in the contract this could happen and it would not be their responsibility. Well, let me say that the upstairs had no problems. This started after the fire when I suspect the 2 man crew needed to become a 3 man, inexperienced, crew to get the job done for the same price. This job, due to the fire, was causing them money.

Workmen never work on a Sunday.

I had to repaint every baseboard and areas on the walls due to the quick and dirty rush job on the installation. I have several apartments and will never have Rite Rug install carpet, or any type of flooring, again.

I liked: Customer service and insallation.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Sep 18.

Comments